Sources for learning more about the kintsugi art form:
- The Matheson Trust for the Study of Comparative Religion has a library entry on kintsugi that includes a PDF article and video about the art form.
- “Kintsugi: The Centuries-Old Art of Repairing Broken Pottery with Gold,” an article from My Modern Met, covers the three predominant styles of kintsugi repair: crack, piece method, and joint-call. Although this article highlights the use of modern materials to perform the repairs, the same three styles are also true for traditional kintsugi.
Other pages in this section include lists of:
- Kintsugi artists, including those who offer finished art work and those who offer repair services,
- Kintsugi classes and tutorials in both the traditional kintsugi technique and modern adaptations of it,
- Kintsugi supply sources for both the supplies needed for the traditional methods and for modern alternatives.